Complete Metal Wall Frame Creator for Revit®
Metal Framing Wall+ automates light gauge steel wall framing work in Revit®. Powerful, flexible, and easy to use. It helps you make optimal choices, move much faster, and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to wall panel fabrication and construction.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2020, 2019, 2018
- Create detailed multi-layer metal wall framing for any Revit® project in a snap using predefined or custom rules and templates; solution supports C+C (incl. C+C Chamfered), C+U (incl. C+U Special) and U+U framing systems
- Frame multi-story houses 10 times faster than using standard Revit interface. Read more>>
- Easily configure supporting structure, openings, complex L or T connections, details, service hole positions, and more for straight or arched light-frame walls
- Automate sheathing layouts
- Frame architectural curtain walls with highly detailed elements (including mullions, transoms, window glass holders, pressure plates, cover plates, insulators etc.) efficiently
- Frame curtain panels (including complex fills and internal frames) precisely
- Freely revise your Revit model with simple selection of the elements and properties you want to modify
- Find structural and engineering clashes; cut and frame openings according to predefined rules
- Generate shop drawings and cut lists with one click; get real-time take-offs and views, auto-sorting and dimensioning, and optional export to any CNC machines (Howick, Metroll, Pinnacle, etc.)
- Wall frames update and adapt according to every change
- Perform structural analyses without leaving Revit or exporting your metal frames to external analysis software at any stage of design process
Customizing a header, sill, or top-pate support in Revit used to be the stuff of dreams and fairy tales.
You can now create custom headers, sills, and top plate supports in your metal or wood framing project!
Key features of Metal Framing Wall+:
Flexible modeling of metal studs, deflection tracks, bracings, bridgings, noggings, straps, equipment supports, and more
Fully scalable: from simple structures to complex multi-level buildings; irregular wall shapes
Easy transfer framing elements between same groups or identical walls in different levels of buildings by predefining what elements building designer is going to affect: all walls from the same model group, from the instance model group, or selected wall should be unique in the building
Framing types easily linked with wall types; can be preset for bearing or non-bearing walls
Precise framing of Curtain Walls and Curtain Wall Panels using Extra feature
Complex multi-layer wall framing: unlimited number of layers; layer-specific settings for connections (L, T, V, and End); recognition of inner/outer corners
Complex headers and sills for windows, doors, and other wall openings; settings can be preset for different opening sizes
Automated details (anchors and bolts, clip angles, service holes, etc.) on studs and plates
Quick alignment of metal studs or opening cripples with trusses or other frames
Support of curved walls
Wall frame can be modified any time and supplemented with additional members
Built-in clash detection between structural and engineering objects; automated wall openings and flexible framing around it
Sheathing layouts can be easily generated and split by existing studs
Library of all main types of wall framing can be edited and expanded
Automatic sorting, tagging, dimensioning, and scheduling (including mass) of all frames and sheathing layouts
Shop drawing views and schedules are added automatically to the sheets according to user predefined template
All templates and rules are fully customizable; framing, sheathing, and shop drawing configurations can be saved for future projects and shared between company team members
Easy setup, user-friendly interface with intuitive mouse-driven menus and options
Optional CNC output enables your model data to be automatically exported to manufacturing
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
AISI S100-07/S2-10, North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members with Supplement 2. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
AISI S200-07, 2007. North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – General Provisions. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
NASH Standard - Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 1: Design Criteria. 2010.
NASH Standard - Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 2: Design Solutions. 2010.
Building Enclosure Design Guide– Wood Frame Multi-Unit Residential Buildings. Homeowner Protection Office (HPO), Vancouver, Canada, 2011.
AISI D110-07, Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design Guide, 2nd Edition. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
AISI D100-08, AISI Manual, Cold-Formed Steel Design. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
Pinnacle CNC Machine Specifications
Metroll Manufacturer and Supplier Resources
ClarkDietrich Steel Framing Product Specifications
Part of the AGACAD Metal Framing Wall, a dynamic set of solutions which leverage the full potential of Revit and the insights of global BIM experts. (Metal Framing Suite is also available for purchase — CONTACT US.)