Revit® Turbocharger for Steel Frame Roofs
Includes Roof Panel Layout
Roof+ automates prefabricated metal framing and rafter structures for roofs in Revit® models. Robust features allow the user to efficiently frame metal roofs, complete with roof joists, battens, valley joists, roof boards, and more. Plus, the software automates shop drawings, including sorting, tagging, dimensioning, and scheduling all frames.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2017, 2018, 2019
Prefabricated metal frame roof panels
With Metal Framing Roof+, you can:
- Create your own rules and templates, and use them for creating detailed, multi-layer, metal roof framing in your Revit model.
- Frame large roofs 10x faster than using regular Revit features.
- Manage joists, rim joists, nogging, bridging, blocking, and bracing placement.
- Configure openings, details, service hole positions, and more.
- Auto-distribute battens, secondary frames, and roofing.
- Revise your Revit® model at-will simply by selecting the elements and properties you want to modify.
- Track down structural and engineering clashes.
- Cut and frame openings according to predefined rules.
- Generate shop drawings and cut lists with just one click. Get real-time take-offs and views, plus automatic sorting and dimensioning.
- Export to CNC machine.
- Be sure roof frames and shop drawings update and adapt to any changes.
- Carry out structural analysis without leaving Revit. Export your metal frames to external software for analysis at any stage of the design process.
Rafter roof structures
Metal Framing Roof+ lets you quickly create full rafter systems in Revit® models for metal frame roofs of any shape or complexity. Custom-framing functions and versatile schedule generation further accelerate BIM workflow. No more drafting – just design and decide.
- Automatically split an architectural roof by faces.
- Create detailed, multi-layer, metal rafter roof framing for your Revit model in a snap using fully customizable rules and templates.
- Frame an entire roof based on its 3D model, including hip/valley rafters, ridges, girders, collars, battens, horizontal beams, sleepers, trimmers, etc.
- Auto-detect and frame roof openings. Cope ends of existing beams.
- Freely revise your Revit model by simply selecting the elements and properties you want to modify.
- Find structural and engineering clashes. Cut and frame openings according to predefined rules.
- One-click generation of shop drawings and cut lists. Real-time take-offs and views, plus automatic sorting and dimensioning.
- Optional export to any CNC machine and CAD/CAM production line, such as Pinnacle etc.
- Roof frames and shop drawings update and adapt according to any changes you make.
- Perform structural analysis without leaving Revit, or export your metal frames to external software for analysis at any stage of the design process.
|Structural Engineers||Painless and efficient roof framing based on architectural roof geometry.|
|Designers & Manufacturers of Prefabricated and/or Rafter Roofs||Build prefabricated and/or rafter roof frames that accommodate user/company specific regulations.|
|Architects||Make the real roof design and use it in the model presentation.|
Possibility of instantly creating prefabricated metal frame roof panels and/or rafter systems of any shape or complexity.
Automated modelling of metal roof framing, including joists, battens, bridging, blockings, rims, noggings, and more.
Fully scalable: this software can be used on any structure from simple to complex, including irregular roof shapes.
Framing types are freely linked with roof types.
Complex multi-layer roof framing: an unlimited number of layers can be added.
Automated details on bridgings, blockings, and rim joists.
Sheathing layouts are easily made and split by existing joists.
Generate roofing layouts.
Automatic sorting, tagging, dimensioning, and scheduling (including mass) of all frames and sheathing layouts.Automatic addition of shop drawing views and schedules to the sheets based on user predefined template.
Easily transfer framing elements between the same groups or identical roof panels. Simply predefine which elements should be affected: all roof panels from the same model group, from the instance model group, or selected roof panel should be unique in the building.
Update frames according to architectural roof changes.
Align joists across roof segments and between roofs and floors or walls.
Modify Roof frame at any time and supplement it with additional members.
Edit and increase your library with main types of roof framing.Fully customize all templates and rules. Save framing, sheathing, and shop drawing configurations for your future projects, and share them with your team members.
|Interaction||Architectural roof can be split into
prefabricated panels using Roof Panel Layout. It takes an architectural
roof and automates the panel layout process. The software draws symbolic lines
according to predefined rules to indicate the future panels. Then it creates
real Revit roof panels.|
Optional CNC output to joinery machines and multi-panel production lines enable your model data to be automatically exported to manufacturing.