Integrated Design and Creation of Holes
Cut Opening defines and reserves spaces in Revit® models for ducts, pipes, cable trays, and conduits. Structural engineers and architects can then review, revise, and create the approved holes with just one click. Suitable openings are designed automatically based on the location and types of clashes, predefined cut offsets, joining intervals, clashing intervals detected for MEP elements in current, linked, or IFC files.
Cut Opening inserts Fire Dampers in accordance with information from clash detection and structural elements’ fire rating. This application for Revit inserts structural openings to structural walls in cases when architectural walls, windows, and doors are separated from the structural walls.
- Automatically creates openings where ducts, pipes, cable trays or conduits intersect walls, floors, roofs, ceilings, beams or columns;
- Automatically adds openings with predefined sizes in accordance with MEP line based element sizes, categories and system classifications;
- Automatically joins openings with predefined configurations;
- Automatically inserts Fire Dampers where ducts clash with walls, floors, ceilings or roofs with fire rating;
- Automatically inserts structural openings for separated architectural and structural models;
- Enhance BIM-team work and deliverables for integrated project delivery (IPD).
Cut Opening is useful to any company that works in civil, structural and architectural spheres.
Cut Opening is an advanced solution for opening creation in Revit® Model based on best international practices and the experience of top Revit users. This Revit extension detects clashes between current, linked or IFC files and inserts required openings to the model. Structural openings can be added to separated architectural and structural models, as well as fire dampers to ducts clashing with walls with fire rating.
|Cut Opening expedites collision detection and hole cutting processes that are aimed at architects, structural and MEP engineers|
|Experienced BIM Managers||Control of BIM model and clash detection|
|New Revit® users||Easier opening creation than using simple Revit tools|
|Contractors||Receives more accurate and detailed building model and building drawings|
Import interference check reports as .html files
Export .xml files to share opening configurations with Architects, Structural Engineers and MEP Engineers
Supports clash detection between current, linked or IFC files
Export data to external software
Easy and fast insertion of openings required for MEP line based elements, fire damper for ducts, and openings for separate architectural and structural models
Predefined opening shapes, sizes, joining offsets in accordance with MEP line based element’s size
Model and opening changes can be managed with just one click
Automated marking of openings
Automated calculation of opening elevation
Easy sorting and marking of items in desired sequences or sets
Real time clash detection and modification