Being able to find, access, and modify families quickly in your Revit® library is essential to working efficiently with Revit®. This is the purpose of Smart Browser Manage, the tool whose usefulness and power have been amplified in the latest release (versions 2016.3 and 2017.2).
Never used Smart Browser Manage? If you want a way to efficiently and manage all the content in your Revit® library, SBM is the tool for you, your go-to assistant when it comes to browsing, sorting, managing, and controlling items in your library.
If you are already an SBM user, the updated version speeds up your Revit® content management even further and brings new options to life that increase the accessibility of items in your library.
What exactly are the extremely useful changes in the updated SBM?
- Type catalogs are now fully supported.
- “Create Subcategories” works for multiple families at the same time, not just the selected one.
- A new function upgrades selected projects to the current Revit version.
- You can transfer the units from one template family to other selected families. A huge time-saver!
- The Assembly Code for a batch of families can be modified.
- There is a new option to modify the materials of selected families.
- The “Organization” dialog includes more options.
- When making modifications in the library, values are displayed in the same units as the current project.
- The synchronization process will not automatically override your custom PNG files being used as browser thumbnails.