Over the past week, after many hours of client needs analysis, study of framing design workflow in various countries, and mindful programming, our development team has released a new version of Wood Framing Wall+. Most improvements were created based on design companies’ needs from the USA, Canada, and Sweden.
So what’s new in Wall+ 2016.9 and 2015.9 versions?
- Added possibility to make single header above different openings. This feature created by some timber frame house design companies from the USA and Sweden:
- Sweden designers requested another function for wooden frame modeling – they required to control some wall opening joins. So in the new version of Wood Framing Wall+ we have added powerful settings to control Window – Window and Window – Door join framing. Samples from internal wall side:
- Possibility to create complex join framing is also added:
- We improved framing technology which now allows making more complex multilayer framing:
- Wood Framing Wall+, from now on, defines the frames which are “Build in Place”. It means that these frames will be not included into wall assembly, because it is not prefabricated.
- Wood Framing Wall+ defines frames which should be linked to connected wall. In this case, the frames will be included into connected wall assembly:
One wall assembly is displayed in green color:
- Added option which recalculates position of First or Last Stud. This option is needed to achieve good sheathing size from external corners:
This improvement was asked by Peter Novak, Design Supervisor at BCT Structures Inc., a leader in high quality custom modular structure manufacturing in Canada. Our strategy is to offer software functionality of client focus, so we hope that this improvement will be helpful not only for designers from North America but for designers working at other continents as well.
- Next novelty of Wood Framing Wall+: added option which automatically aligns cripples bellow and above the openings with the main studs:
- At framed building designers’ from Netherlands request a possibility to easily distribute details on any stud or plate was added. This feature will improve efficiency of modular structure design.
That’s all about new features of Wood Framing Wall+ that you will get with the newest version. Update this BIM solution and explore the new functionality that is now available for all designers of wood-frame structures.
By the way, I would like to remind you that we made new functionality development based on our customers’ wish list. If you are missing some functionality in our standard product range, let us know of your needs and we will try to include corresponding functionality to the next product version. Let us know what functionality you are missing!