Question: “Do you have something similar to Autodesk’s Roombook tool that can find all Revit categories?”
Answer: Yes. Smart Browser lets you do everything Roombook does and more.
Although Roombook is a really nice tool, from my point of view it’s not finished yet. For example, it’s strange that you can’t select all Revit categories that are in your Revit model.Take a look at the categories Roombook allows you to schedule:
There are many more Revit categories that ought to be included in a Roombook table like the one above. This is where Smart Browser comes in handy.
With Smart Browser, we can insert all Revit categories into a schedule, review all elements, take a look at those elements directly in the Revit model, and export all the data of those elements to Excel!
Take a look at this short video to see the workflow using Smart Browser.
So, if you're already using Smart Browser, now you know how to use it to grab all the Revit categories contained in your model.
And if you're not using Smart Browser yet, we invite you to try it out! Take a free trial by downloading our TOOLS4BIM Dock below.
You're welcome to take a free trial of any of our BIM software solutions! Just download the TOOLS4BIM Dock for your version of Revit, open Revit, and select the tool you'd like to try out.
- BIM Tree Chimpanzee – Room Finish Material Schedule / Quantities in Revit®
- BIM Tree Chimpanzee – Room/Space and Host data in MEP elements
- BIM Tree Chimpanzee – Replace Curtain Walls with Windows in Revit®
- BIM Tree Chimpanzee – Transformation from Generic elements (LOD200) to LOD400
- BIM Tree Chimpanzee – Change Type Name and Sort by Parameters
- BIM Tree Chimpanzee – Use Shared Parameters and Sort by ID
- BIM Tree Chimpanzee – Calculate Elevations and Coordinates