This free webinar on May 7th will be about designing precast concrete parking garages in Revit, with a focus on the warped double tee slab used in the USA (spoiler alert: new tool will be shown). But first off, why parking decks? Building them with precast makes their design and construction relatively simple, so they're all over the place: here in Lithuania and the rest of Europe, the Middle East, in the US, Down Under, and throughout Asia. So streamlining the workflow for this type of building is important for engineers and manufacturers all around the world.
If you’re a precaster in another country, it might be interesting for you to know that in the US double tee slabs for parking garages are warped. They’re produced just like normal double tees, but then on the construction site, one end is supported evenly while at the other end one stem support is lower than the other. The resultant twist helps with drainage. It’s nice, but it's a pain for BIM modelers because an element (in this case, the DT slab) has one shape in the model but another shape in the drawing. That means that you have to have two elements – one warped, the other planar.
So what you'll see in this webinar is an efficient modeling workflow for designing and producing documentation for precast concrete parking garages and – in particular for the US market – a solution for modeling the warped double tee slab.
Precast Concrete is our design software for Revit that will be used during the webinar to automate all the processes like placing wall and beam reinforcement, placing connections, and creating shop drawings. PLUS we'll unveil a new tool called Floor+C that will help deal with warped double tee slabs. So, it will be a lot, but keep in mind that even your typical precast parking garage (without much architectural ambition) could have 20,000 modeled elements and over 50,000 bars/strands/wires of reinforcement, so having good tools to work with is really important! And on the documentation side, a few hundred sheets means several thousand views, which means you've got thousands and thousands of dimensions and text fields, so automation in every step can end up saving hours of work.
We invite you, especially structural engineers, drafters, and manufacturers of precast concrete, to sign up for this free webinar. The webinar will be held twice, so please register below for the session that's more convenient for you. We'll try to keep it to 45 minutes.
The webinar will hit two main topics:
1 – Modeling precast elements in Revit
Best practices of creating beams, columns, slabs, stairs, connections, and reinforcement
2 Documentation using the BIM model
Creating elevation views, detail views, shop drawings with auto dimensions, schedules, etc.
Our Precast Concrete design software for Autodesk Revit enables you to easily model prefabricated concrete walls, floor slabs, columns, and beams; batch-insert connection details (lifting anchors, bolts, cuts, couplers, corbels, etc.); place rebar in wall panels (solid, double, and sandwich) and beams (rectangular, L, and IT); and quickly generate shop tickets with proper element views, dimensions, and bills of materials. Since it runs on Revit, you get full project updates in real time. All that ensures quality production and accurate assembly on site.
We hope to see you online!
Interested in [efficient] BIM content management or exporting timber/steel framing Revit models to CAD/CAM production lines?
Those topics are also in this webinar series:
Tuesday, May 5 | Managing BIM Content efficiently in Revit
Wednesday, May 6 | Wood/Metal Framing BIM models & CAD/CAM production lines
Download our TOOLS4BIM Dock (it's free), and take a trial of our Precast Concrete BIM Software PLUS get instant access to our free extensions: Smart Select, Smart Browser Free, and Cut Opening Free.
Related blog posts
- BIM Is Very Good for Precast, Revit Is Ideal: An interview with Valensas and Donatas (CEO, AGACAD)
- Kerkhoff Engineering continues to find ever more advantages in AGACAD's Precast suite [CLIENT STORY]
- @Revit 2020/2019 users: Free Dynamo scripts for wall rebar [Free Download]
- AGACAD becomes one of Autodesk’s first AEC Industry Partners for Precast Concrete design in Revit
- Dutch firm's precast work gets a major boost from AGACAD BIM software and support [CLIENT STORY]
- BIM solution Precast Concrete delivers new features
- How to Create Concrete Details for Precast Sandwich Walls
- Savolainen: Precast suite has "game-breaker" BIM tools [CLIENT STORY]
- Precast Concrete Update: New possibilities for precast structures and special workflow for parking garages
- Hanssen: Smart Assemblies is a "critically important tool" [CLIENT STORY]
- Norconsult: "The Precast Concrete suite brought efficiency and flexibility" [CLIENT STORY]
- An overview of modeling precast slabs, walls, columns & beams in Revit
- How to prepare and use Revit schedule tables in Smart Assemblies
- JPS-Konsult: "We're hooked on Precast Concrete and other AGACAD solutions" [CLIENT STORY]