In this free 30-minute webinar on July 16th, you'll get an expert-level tutorial on how to efficiently distribute hangers and supports for duct, pipe, conduit, and cable tray systems in Revit and how to copy scheduling information from interconnected elements to hangers. We'll do all that and more using our MEP Hangers BIM Solution for Revit.
Made for HVAC engineers, fire protection engineers, plumbers, electricians, and BIM managers working in Revit, MEP Hangers uses flexible rules to add (or modify) hangers or supports to a selected MEP system, distributing them according to the inter-bearing distance or as a fixed number per segment. It can also split MEP line-based elements into predefined lengths, mark components for fabrication, and export bearing points to drilling robots.
The result you'll see is an MEP model with hangers placed on all line-based MEP elements, connecting them to walls, floors, roof, or columns in the linked project according to user pre-defined rules. Hangers will have the parameters needed for scheduling and additional information added such as their coordinates in the project for drilling automation.
The webinar will be held twice, so please register for the session that's more convenient for you. We invite all MEP & structural engineers as well as BIM coordinators to take a look and evaluate this tool. We hope you'll join in!
Topics to be covered:
- Placing hangers on ducts, pipes, conduits, and cable trays in Revit
- Connecting hangers to structural elements in a linked model
- Splitting MEP elements into pre-set lengths
- Auto-copying shared parameters from structural and MEP elements into hangers
MEP Hangers is a Revit extension that automatically distributes hangers/supports for pipes/ducts/conduit/cable trays throughout a Revit model per your predefined, custom rules. Sloped services and sloped structural elements are accounted for. It also automatically sizes hangers and supports according MEP service size, calculates the requisite hanger strength, splits MEP line-based elements into manufacturer's predefined lengths, marks components for fabrication, and exports bearing points to drilling robots and tools by Trimble or TopCon. IFC compatible. Works with linked projects.
And it has a new UI that you'll see in this webinar.
Now through August 15, get an exclusive deal on our BIM Solutions for Revit, including MEP Hangers. Buy an annual license, and get 6 more months added to your license for free.
We hope to see you online!
Download our TOOLS4BIM Dock (it's free), and take a trial of our MEP Hangers BIM Solution PLUS get instant access to our free extensions: Cut Opening Free, Smart Select, and Smart Browser Free.
Related blog posts
- How to put hangers over the insulation on a pipe or duct in Revit
- MEP Hangers update: Define your own rules
- How to find an opening’s dimensions and elevation [VIDEO]
- Make Revit Better By Using MEP Tools
- New configurations, families & features for MEP Hangers (Oct 2018)
- How to split pipes by manufacturer's lengths in Revit
- How to export hanger drilling points from Revit
- How to change category of Revit families in batches
- How to Export Shared Parameters from a Revit Family
- Making Openings in Revit for MEP Services, Fire Safety Components & Builders Work Drawings [VIDEOS]
- How to insert real openings in place of AutoCAD IFC voids
- Calculate Opening elevation from Level Above [NEW FEATURE]
- How to create a combined duct-pipe hanger
- How to keep hangers attached to a structure that has been updated