We are glad to announce that today the new Metal Framing Floor+ 2016.6 and 2015.6 versions were released. Added features highly improve this dynamic application which automates metal framing work with floors in Autodesk® Revit® projects. Now it’s even more powerful, flexible and time saving, which helps to achieve better quality of your workflow and results.
So what’s new in Metal Framing Floor+ 2016.6 and 2015.6?
- Added Auto Detect Copied Framed Object feature that keeps a strong link between framing elements and a floor after user manually copied a framed object. We made a possibility to re-establish the association between the copied frame and the floor.
- Now you can Delete or Move Joists when they Collide:
For a more convenient framing workflow, King Joist stays and existing Joist is deleted instead from the connection.
- Define Depth (h,d) by Layer Thickness is now available for every header element in the opening framing.
- Added possibility Apply by Floor Type, which allows Revit users to add selected bridging, blocking, or nogging to all floors, only structural, or only non-structural floors:
- From now on, you can automatically add Additional Bridging/Nogging/Blocking as a regular element.
If Rotate 90º is not ticked, then you can apply Number setting. Such bridging will not be deleted during modification process. This feature allows software users to add/modify bridging manually. To modify such bridging, please use Modify Additional Element feature.
In order to delete such additional elements you can use Delete Additional Elements:
You can also delete it by ticking Delete while Modifying Additional Element:
- Use Add Details/Update Details command to place details in the end of framing process. Recommended workflow: create frame without details; add additional elements; split elements if needed; and in the final step - add details. This will allow you to save time in update process when you frame a floor.
User can predefine the details in Framing Configuration, but during the framing process the details will not be added if Add Details command is ticked:
- Added Frame Additional Layers function which frames all other layers (battens, flooring) automatically excluding main frame. From now on, you will not need to press Add Battens separately.
These are the newest features for Revit application Metal Framing Floor+, which will contribute to the quality of your workflow and results. You can explore them after you update this BIM solution in TOOLS 4 BIM Dock. Let us know if you have any comments about our applications for Revit - they are always welcome.