We’ve put together a couple of “sneakpeeks” to summarize a webinar we hosted in 2017 about using our Cut Opening tool to, you guessed it, cut openings in a Revit model! In the pair of videos below, you can see the software being used to insert openings for MEP services – including fire safety components – and generate builders work drawings.
How can Cut Opening enhance your Revit workflow?
- Auto-creation of openings for MEP services
- Configuration preparation for openings (Opening size, Joining distances, Partial interference)
- Running interference checks
- Insertion of openings, combining configuration data and interference check report from Revit
- Preparation of builders work drawings
- Shared parameters
- Tags & schedules
- Visual representation of holes in structures
- Special features for fire protection system designers
- Auto-distribution of fire dampers, collars, sleeves, and boards
So, there's a brief look at what Cut Opening can do. If you're already a user, perhaps these can be of help to you. And if you're not using Cut Opening yet, we invite you to try it out! Take a free trial by downloading our TOOLS4BIM Dock below.
You’re welcome to take a free trial of any of our BIM software solutions! Just download the TOOLS4BIM Dock (above) for your version of Revit, open Revit, and select the tool you'd like to try out.
Related blog posts:
- More AGACAD Tools in the Autodesk App Store!
- WEBINAR Wrap-up: Cut Opening improvements for Structural Openings
- Cut Opening improvements based on leading Scandinavian companies
- Tips & Tricks: Insert real openings in place of AutoCAD IFC voids
- NEW FEATURE: Calculate Opening elevation from Level Above
- Video Q&A: How do you find an opening’s dimensions and elevation?
- How to Cut Openings for Windows and Doors when you have linked architectural walls to your structural model?
- Mott MacDonald: “With AGACAD Cut Opening we can achieve the best outcomes for our clients”
- NEW FEATURE! Cut Opening for Beams
- Cut Opening collaboration improvements for Revit® users