In this free 30-minute webinar on April 28th, we'll give an expert-level tutorial on how to create hangers in MEP projects for duct/pipe/conduit/cable tray systems, as well as how to copy important information for scheduling from interconnected elements to hangers using our MEP Hangers BIM Solution. The result you'll see is an MEP model with hangers placed on all line-based MEP elements, connecting them to walls, floors, roof, or columns in the linked project according to user pre-defined rules. Hangers will have the parameters needed for scheduling and additional information added such as their coordinates in the project for drilling automation.
The webinar will be held twice, so please register for the session that's more convenient for you. We invite all MEP & structural engineers as well as BIM coordinators to take a look and evaluate this tool. We hope you'll join in!
Topics to be covered:
- Placing hangers on ducts, pipes, conduits, and cable trays in Revit
- Connecting hangers to structural elements in a linked model
- Splitting MEP elements into pre-set lengths
- Auto-copying shared parameters from structural and MEP elements into hangers
MEP Hangers is a Revit extension that automatically distributes pipe/duct/conduit/cable tray hangers/supports throughout a Revit model. Fast. But you don't have to take our word for it.
We hope to see you online!
Interested in framing timber or steel efficiently in Revit?
That's also in this week's webinar series:
Wednesday, April 29 | Laying out MEP hangers in a Revit project
Thursday, April 30 | Ventilated Facades
Download our TOOLS4BIM Dock (it's free), and take a trial of our MEP Hangers BIM Solution PLUS get instant access to our free extensions: Cut Opening Free, Smart Select, and Smart Browser Free.
Related blog posts
- How to put hangers over the insulation on a pipe or duct in Revit
- MEP Hangers update: Define your own rules
- How to find an opening’s dimensions and elevation [VIDEO]
- Make Revit Better By Using MEP Tools
- New configurations, families & features for MEP Hangers (Oct 2018)
- How to split pipes by manufacturer's lengths in Revit
- How to export hanger drilling points from Revit
- How to change category of Revit families in batches
- How to Export Shared Parameters from a Revit Family
- Making Openings in Revit for MEP Services, Fire Safety Components & Builders Work Drawings [VIDEOS]
- How to insert real openings in place of AutoCAD IFC voids
- Calculate Opening elevation from Level Above [NEW FEATURE]
- How to create a combined duct-pipe hanger
- How to keep hangers attached to a structure that has been updated