Sometimes Autodesk® Revit® files become corrupt and nobody knows why. We faced the situation then Project Information button became inactive (greyed). This can affect your printing sheets and title blocks because of the parameters that should be written in this location. But this is not the worst thing. This can affect some of third party’s tools for Revit as well.
AGACAD’s tools are built to use this Project Information parameter to insert some necessary parameters into the project. If Project Information button is greyed – that means AGACAD’s tools won’t work correctly. For example, our BIM solution Cut Opening couldn’t see .xml file where all required information is written, or Revit plug-in RAS Manager couldn’t insert spaces by all rooms automatically, etc.
If this situation occurs in one project only – we have the solution for it. If this occurs in all your projects – this is a Revit bug. In this case – please contact your Autodesk software reseller or Autodesk technical team.
Now let’s come back to the first situation, when the Project Information button becomes inactive in only one project. To fix the project bug, please follow the instruction below:
- Open file where the Project Information button is grayed;
- Open new file that is not broken. You can use any template or project that you have used before, where the Project Information button is active;
- Enable damaged Revit project;
- Transfer Project Standards from NEW project to the broken one. Find the function here: Go to Manage > Settings > Transfer Project Standards and transfer Project Info item;
- Define your project information as needed.
After these steps are done, the Project Information button will become active again.