Q: How can I frame an opening for a set of pipes passing through a wall and make individual openings for each one in the sheathing layer?A: While there are other workflows, the one I’ll describe below seems to be the simplest with the least steps and configurations. The following steps will lead to this end result for your pipes:
1. You have to create Opening configurations for your pipes (ducts, etc.), which will insert simple round openings for your pipes (you can use one configuration for all sizes) but will join those openings into a rectangular framed opening, in case the pipes are close to one another (second screenshot):
If you follow the above workflow, you’ll end up with a framed, joined opening and unjoined round openings on the wall. Those round openings, however, would go through the whole wall, but you can use Exclude parts in Wall link menu, to exclude part for the Frame Layer so it won’t be visible when Show Parts is applied for the view.
I hope this workflow is useful for you!
- Sorting & Numbering Updates for Wood/Metal Framing
- What's new in Metal Framing Walls? Vertical/horizontal siding, beam/truss pockets, corner bracing & more
- WEBINAR: Framing Timber/Steel Multi-Story Houses in Revit
- NEW VERSIONS of Wood/Metal Framing in Revit: Joined Sloped Openings, Mixed Wood-Metal Frames, Rotate Assembly Views, and more
- NEW FEATURES for Wood & Metal Framing: Plate connections, Stud splitting, Siding alignment, and more
- NEW FEATURES for Wood/Metal Framing in Revit: Modify Joined Openings, Split Studs and Joists, Add Sloped Custom Headers, and more
- WEBINAR Wrap-up: Metal Framing Walls
- Q&A: How can you create special cuts for diagonal bracing on wooden wall studs?
- New Smart Dimensions Technology in Framing Software for Revit
- UBS: “AGACAD framing tools let us confidently take on more complexity”
- Latest Advances for Wood/Metal Framing in Revit: Gravity Points, Smart Dimensioning, Detailing Options and more
- BIM Wood Framing Models and Data Flow for Automated CAD/CAM Production Lines in Revit®
- New Release of Wood/Metal Framing Wall+: A Real-life Dream
- MEP Services, Fire Safety Components & Builders Work Drawings
- WEBINAR Wrap-up: Cut Opening improvements for Structural Openings
- Cut Opening improvements based on leading Scandinavian companies
- Tips & Tricks: Insert real openings in place of AutoCAD IFC voids
- NEW FEATURE: Calculate Opening elevation from Level Above
- Video Q&A: How do you find an opening’s dimensions and elevation?
- How to Cut Openings for Windows and Doors when you have linked architectural walls to your structural model?
- Mott MacDonald: “With AGACAD Cut Opening we can achieve the best outcomes for our clients”
- NEW FEATURE! Cut Opening for Beams
- New Cut Opening Revit® families are available. Now it’s possible to use your own opening families