We recently released a new feature for our Precast Concrete design software that automates column rebar placement in Revit. The Column Reinforcement tool makes it efficient to model main rebar, stirrups, and corbel rebar, a task that structural engineers and precast modelers have to spend hours on if they're stuck doing it manually.
Here's the basic workflow for using Column Reinforcement.
- Open configuration window of Column reinforcement and create new configuration.
cover settings for column, main reinforcement, and stirrup layout.
create reinforcement settings for corbels, you need to have Families of
corbels hosted on structural columns. Add those Families to the configuration window and define rebars that should be created. The underside of corbels may be slanted or orthogonal. You can use Families provided
in our Column Reinforcement sample project.
- Save and close the configuration, and then open Column Link. Select Structural Column Types and link configuration to those Types.
- Select Structural Columns and hit Create Rebar. Software will read which configuration should be used for that column (via Column Link) and create reinforcement for all selected columns. It will find hosted Families which you indicated to be corbels and will place rebar if all conditions are met.
All your configurations are stored in the defined project location, so you just need to create them once, and later you can use them in other projects or share with colleagues.
Take a free 14-day trial.
- Download our TOOLS4BIM Dock that matches your Revit® version.
- Open Revit®.
- In the newly-installed TOOLS4BIM Dock, select Column Reinforcement.
- Activation code will be sent to you via email.
- Enter the activation code.
- Trial away!
Client stories about precast concrete design
- Kerkhoff Engineering (Canada): “Cut down on coordination time and errors during construction"
- Norconsult (Norway): “The Precast Concrete suite brought efficiency and flexibility”
- JPS-Konsult (Sweden): “We’re hooked on Precast Concrete and other AGACAD solutions”
- Savolainen (Finland): Precast suite has “game-breaker” BIM tools
- BIM4ALL (Netherlands): "We’ve gotten some really good tips that certainly have helped us in our work"
- Hanssen Pty (Australia): "Shop drawings faster than ever, greater consistency"
Related blog posts
- Designing Precast Concrete Parking Garages in Revit [WORKFLOW]
- Rebar Sets for Wall Reinforcement in Revit [NEW FEATURE]
- BIM Is Very Good for Precast, Revit Is Ideal: An interview with Valensas and Donatas (CEO, AGACAD)
- AGACAD launches rebar-modelling automation for Revit
- New Beam Reinforcement extension for Revit users
- @Revit 2020/2019 users: Free Dynamo scripts for wall rebar [Free Download]
- AGACAD becomes one of Autodesk’s first AEC Industry Partners for Precast Concrete design in Revit
- BIM solution Precast Concrete delivers new features
- How to Create Concrete Details for Precast Sandwich Walls
- Precast Concrete Update: New possibilities for precast structures and special workflow for parking garages
- An overview of modeling precast slabs, walls, columns & beams in Revit
- How to prepare and use Revit schedule tables in Smart Assemblies