This free 30-minute webinar on June 30th will be an expert-level tutorial about efficiently making openings for structural framing elements, doors, and windows in Revit® using our Cut Opening BIM Solution. Openings will be configured and created for beams of various shapes and sizes as well as for window and door openings, which will be transferred from the architectural model into the structural model.
The result you'll see is a Revit structural file with an increased LOD due to the openings and placement of beam pockets. All walls will have openings corresponding to the sizes of doors and windows in the architectural model. Openings will be tagged to provide information about their size and elevation according to the level of your choice.
Structural engineers, architects, and BIM managers – we invite you to sign up. The webinar will be held twice, so please register for the session that's more convenient for you.
Topics to be covered:
- Opening settings for beams (structural framing)
- Generating openings and beam pockets
- Controlling and modifying openings
- Possible modifications to opening families
- Openings for doors and windows
- Tagging openings
Our Cut Opening Revit extension is BIM software that automatically inserts penetration holes for MEP services, structural framing elements, doors and windows in Autodesk Revit. After processing interference check results, it creates proper openings wherever ducts, pipes, cable trays, or conduit intersect walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, beams, and columns and will insert fire safety components in structures that have a fire rating. Gives accurate bills of materials and builders work drawings. Works with linked files.
We hope to see you online!
Download our TOOLS4BIM Dock (it's free), and take a trial of our Cut Opening BIM Solution PLUS get instant access to our free extensions: Cut Opening Free, Smart Select, and Smart Browser Free.
Related blog posts
- NIRAS A/S: “AGACAD’s Cut Opening software supports our Lean BIM processes”
- MEP Services, Fire Safety Components & Builders Work Drawings
- Cut Opening improvements based on leading Scandinavian companies
- Tips & Tricks: Insert real openings in place of AutoCAD IFC voids
- NEW FEATURE: Calculate Opening elevation from Level Above
- Video Q&A: How do you find an opening’s dimensions and elevation?